Positivism During Pandemic
· Instead of driving to 2-3 grocery stores/week on a whim, desire, or greedy need. I will dedicate myself to going to the store less frequently, stocking up, and saving the planet from my unnecessary carbon monoxide emissions, or biking there.
[ I will continue eating both for pleasure, and for pure necessity, I will stop skipping meals]
· When I want to exercise, I won’t run every day inside like a caged animal at the gym, I will run outside whenever possible
* I will focus on the positive, and use my Louise Hay affirmations as a tool, instead of a forgotten way... (All is well in my world, I can handle my own life with joy and ease)
· I will incorporate the hobbies I have allowed to slip into 3rd 4th and 5th place (painting, writing, and weaving)
* I will start watching a movie every now and then, and not call myself lazy when I do
· Baking will continue to be a weekly act of mediation and fulfillment
· My famous Fish Dish, (from Alison Roman) will be continuously cooked every Friday, until I cannot take it anymore
· I will wake up every day and listen to a record, drink my Matcha, and not rush like a hyena to work
· I will call my family regularly, that rotational sharing of feelings, commonality, struggle, laughter, and precious connection has saved me during harder days
· I will continue strengthening my faith and hope in myself, my decisions, and my actions
· I will stop persevering thoughts that have no use, or helpfulness to me
--Sewing slowly, not focusing on perfection in a limiting way, but focusing on tiny details, and every line of stitching in a meditative, slow, and enjoyable way, highly regarded later in the little gift of wearing something well made & noticing the thoughtful creation
** I will stop feeling the need to paint my finger nails, I like them bare/ chemical free
· I will take IMITREX at the start of every migraine, and listen to my Momma when she gives me advice
· I will drink more tea, and less coffee!
· I will wake up when my body is ready, and stop using a jolting, cortisol inducing alarm clock, which btw is of the modern world, and I am convinced is unhealthy (unless you have the red eye flight to somewhere far away)
· I will visit everyone in my family more often, and I will hug, and hug, and hug, and hug
*** I will smile at strangers, even if their reaction is confusion, a questioning look, or puzzled stare
- I will continue to be involved in politics, in the ways that I can, for the issues I am passionate about.